Friday, August 29, 2008

T.G.I.F.

As another whirlwind week ends,
I find myself relieved, exhausted,
& looking forward to a 3 day weekend.
There is only so much one can take
of the day-to-day work drama.
Weary, but content with the
love I feel around me every day, I know that
it’s the little gifts of kindness that
often propel us through an exhausting week:
C.F. bringing a delicious melt-in-your-mouth
meal of stuffed shells to share, while her kids
played in the Jacuzzi. Plus, preparing a
lip smackin’ steak & grilled corn dinner
for me yesterday, when I went to watch her kids,
so she could attend “Back to School” night.
My other daughters surprising me with
my favorite Starbucks Caramel Frappaccino
on a 100+ sweltering day,
& other little treats through the busy week.
Our darling granddaughter leaving a
handwritten card for M.A.N., thanking
her Popi for the jacuzzi.
My amazing grandson telling me
that he loves me, & enthusiastically
offering his bed for me to sleep in,
so I could stay at his house last night.
My M.A.N. telling me he’ll climb the stairs
behind me, late at night,
so he can catch me if I fall.
Thankful hugs to all of you, with love.
Yes, Life is good, & I choose happiness.

When we feel love and kindness toward others,

it not only makes others feel loved and cared for,
but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.”
DALAI LAMA

b.q.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails